Sample a tasty selection of culinary delights at the Whiskey, Wine & Wildlife in February. Along with enjoying a variety of great food and spirits, you’ll be helping support and raise funds and awareness for programs of the Jekyll Island Foundation. And, the island’s research and education experts will be on-hand Friday and Saturday, showcasing fun, interactive programs with coastal wildlife including sea turtles and alligators.
Among the events featured at the Whiskey, Wine & Wildlife Festival are:
- Four-Course Wine Dinner at 6:30 p.m. at The Reserve, The Westin Jekyll Island, Whiskey, Wine and Wildlife. Hosted by: Michael McNeill, who is Georgia’s only master sommelier along with Chef Raj Gupta, New Castle Hotels & Resorts
- A Wine Cruise with Captain Phillip, scheduled for 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. , which departs from the Jekyll Island Historic District Wharf
- “W3 Master Class Pours” between 2 – 5 p.m. at The Westin Jekyll Island
- “Whiskey Inspired” is scheduled at 6:30 – 9 p.m. at The Westin Jekyll Island. This culinary showcase features samplings of premium whiskey, wine, and beer, along with whiskey inspired food and classic cocktails. Take home a souvenir crystal, Glencairn whisky glass.
- “Whiskey, Wine & Wildlife – W3” kicks off at 1 – 4 p.m. at the Jekyll Island Beach Village.
The main event takes place in the Beach Village with all the “W’s” and more. Pick up your souvenir glass and enjoy an afternoon of exceptional beverage and culinary tastings from some of the South’s leading chefs and coastal favorites, great music and an opportunity to experience Jekyll Island’s native wildlife up close.
Don’t forget to visit the “Wings, Q & Brews Alley” presented by Springer Mountain Farms. This special “Wings, Q + Brews Alley” will be part of the Saturday afternoon festivities, with some of the South’s most revered Pitmasters, Big Green Egg grill masters and chefs including: B’s Cracklin’ BBQ, Savannah & Atlanta, GA; Griffin Bufkin, Harrison Sapp and John Helfrich of Southern Soul Barbecue, St. Simons, GA, Orchid Paulmeier, Hilton Head Island, SC, Ron Eyester, Southern Bistro, Atlanta, GA and Kenny Gilbert, Gilbert’s Underground Kitchen, Fernandina Beach, and Gilbert’s Social in Jacksonville, FL. You can also check out the VIP Lounge, with early access from 12 – 4 p.m. – remember – there are a limited number of VIP tickets available so get your tickets early!
Did You Know? – The spelling of the words Whiskey vs. whisky – makes a difference. Use this link to learn more.
Get Your Tickets and More Information On The Whiskey, Wine And Wildlife Festivities
Advance discount tickets are available through the end of January, and there are limited tickets available to some of the events. Please visit www.whiskeywineandwildlife.com for details on schedules, entertainment, and great W3 Weekend Getaway Packages available.
During the festival, there will also be volunteer opportunities available to get involved behind the scenes in several events as well!
Photo Credits: Whiskey, Wine & Wildlife Festival